Friday, November 04, 2005

Rain.... Rain..... and Rosellas

Well a wee bit anyway. We really need a lot [of rain].

I was considering using the title f*@&ing rain as the rain initially threatend to interrupt my walking schedule. It's not very heavy anyway and it turned out to be actually quite refreshing walking in the light rain. Greens are greener and everything smells fresh.

The birds love it and there are parrots everywhere today.... sulphur crested cockatoos, galahs, pale headed rosellas and rainbow lorikeets. I'll have to start taking my camera with me on my walks.

I think I must have tempted providence. In the past every time I have decided to feed the rosellas it has rained shortly afterwards, turning the seed in their bowl into mush. It has been dry for weeks apart from a few storms. Yesterday afternoon I again put some seed down for the rosellas, the first time in months..... yup ..... you guessed it ..... rain.

I'll see if I can rustle up some pics of Macleay Island's birds and show them on the blog.

No comments: