Sunday, June 08, 2008

Winding Up this blog for now

I've decided to wind up this long neglected blog, at least for now (I might change my mind later on). I still live on Macleay Island...for how much longer I do not know, as sarcoma cancer looks like it has re-occured and spread.

Life is generally quite here and nothing much to blog about anyway. The only events of note with direct affect on myself relate to the availability of medical care and the new ferry timetable which reduced the frequency of ferries from the island to the mainland. Given that I am and have been a cancer victim and may have to seek urgent, but non emergency, medical treatment on the mainland, at any instant, the new timetable adds approximately half an hour on to the time it can take to get to my general practitioner at Cleveland. On at least two occasions in the past year GP's have promptly sent me off to PAH emergency, in one instance in an ambulance. Also there appears to be reduced ferry capacity, as I have witnessed many people not being allowed on full ferries on many occasions since mid January. Cutting down on the number of ferries scheduled instead of increasing the frequency of ferries seems questionable. People have to be able to travel to work. Hopefully at some future date, ferry services to the Bay Islands will be integrated into Queensland Transport's Translink system and be regulated by QT.

The Bay Islands Journal does a great job on covering island issues. Also I'm over committed with multiple blogs. I will continue to blog on my cancer journey in my blog devoted to that. My special interest flight simulation/ 3d graphics blogs will continue and I'll start a new general interest catchall blog on my Live Spaces blog... http://robbybruce.spaces.live.com/

The probable re-occurrence of sarcoma as advised by the PAH doctors, along with pain (the mass is in a sensitive place...) has slowed my activities down somewhat. I've only just recovered from all the radio therapy which brought much pain and fatigue, and pain from last year's surgery will possibly take about 2 years to recover from according to the doctors. Without these hobbies I wouldn't have survived.

Anway see you at http://robbybruce.spaces.live.com/ Hopefully I'll get around to writing something there lol ;)

cheers

Rob

No comments: